Black vinyl gutters

Does anyone know where to get black vinyl gutters and downspouts in the US? I can get brown and white all day long, but other colors seam to be non-existent. Lou

Reply to
Lou

I know you can get aluminum in various colors at the real supply house down the road from me. Vinyl isn't popular here so I don't know anything about it.

Reply to
George

I have never seen them. I wonder if there might be a problem with the black vinyl experiencing expansion/contraction problems due to thermal changes...

RicodJour

I haven't seen them either, but I'd lean towards problems with black looking good to start with, and still looking good in 5 years.

The brown vinyl does a fair amount of expansion & the rubber connectors account for it..

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

If you MUST have black, buy brown and some cans of vinyl spray paint. Done.

Reply to
tmclone

Although some people do that, I want it to stay looking original. Lou

Reply to
Lou

Way back when I installed siding for a living, we could get aluminum in just about any color including black, brown, charcoal, etc. I don't recall seeing vinyl siding in dark colors, only white, cream, beige, gray, etc. I don't remember ever installing dark vinyl. The plastic definitely has thermal issues, and I still remember all the finicky little things we did to make sure that our installs wouldn't look like crap when the weather changed.

We also did gutters, but we were "high end" and only hung continuous aluminum. Bad enough. My guess is that between thermal expansion and UV deterioration problems, black vinyl is just not practical.

Reply to
Scott