Black soap buildup question

I have a drain line from my washer to the sewer line leaving the house that is getting slow. I took apart a plastic coupling today to see if there was anything in it. It was almost full of this black soft material that crumbles to the touch but sure plugs up the drain. Is there any chemical that I could put in there to remove it? I tried three gallons of bleach and it didn't seem to help. The line is 2" Genova PVC.
Thanks

Do you know anybody who sells Amway products? They make (or used to make) a drain cleaner that took care of that crap pretty well.
Would that be Ama-decrapper (R)?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

that
was
and
ammonia will work
Where do I get ammonia, and what concentration does it need to be?

chemical