Black iron pipe

Page 2 of 2

On Aug 21, 11:29 am, " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

Wrap it in bicycle handlebar wrap in the places where you'll be grabbing it.
Chip C Toronto
Add pictures here
✖
Duct tape!
Oh, forgot. Duct tape causes worry. And worry causes cancer. Nevermind.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Tape sounds good. Also thought about using a fine file and putting sone knurling on the bar.
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 22, 9:41 am, " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

Or you could pop for twenty bucks and get a chrome bar with handgrips that's a cancer-free bar. http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-1884705-6276960?ASIN=B000297YGM&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B000297YGM |GoFit_Chin-Up_Bar&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B000297YGM&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001
✖
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

The biggest problem of being overcautious is this:
Some years from now, as you lie in a hospital bed, dying from NOTHING, you'll regret your pristine life.
Add pictures here
✖

I use black iron gas pipe for pullups.
It works fine, but it's a bit thick. You can do more pullups with a thinner bar, since your grip won't be tested as much as with the thicker pipe. It is surprising how much of a difference the bar diameter makes; even when I don't detect any grip weakness, I can increase my pullup numbers just by using a thinner bar or by using lifting straps.
Add pictures here
✖

Yeah, it is a bit thick, but the good thing about that is it will improve my holding strength i need for power lifts. I might even try the pull up straps which go under the arms to work the abs while doing pullups.
Add pictures here
✖