Black iron pipe

Page 1 of 2

I was thinking of using 1' black iron pipe to attach to the joists in the garage as a pullup bar, but was concerned the pipe may have levels of lead.or made of material which can cause cancer, since i would be handling it frequently. Anyone know the materials used? Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 21, 11:29 am, " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

Iron pipe is actually a mild steel pipe. You will have no problems with getting cancer from steel. Your biggest worry should be blisters.
✖

So there's no lead or zinc which might transfer to the hands?
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Well they haven't studied it yet. Could be a cancer causer, you never know. Everything else is. If it's galvanized, yes, zinc is present. Could be bad for your liver. You could always paint it with lead paint. Lead is good for your brain.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

Add pictures here
✖

So there's no lead or zinc which might transfer to the hands?
Man, you are one professional worry-wart--- lighten up and relax!
Add pictures here
✖

Cancer runs in the family. I guess i have a right to be a worry- wart. Cheers!!
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Hope that rust doesn't cause cancer.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
dadiOH wrote:

Rust IS cancer.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

Add pictures here
✖
Worry causes cancer.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Ok - wrap the pipe with the same tape used for baseball/cricket bats and stop worrying. :-)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Morris Dovey wrote:

Who KNOWS what's in tape! Might be made of polychlorinated-thingamajiggys or saturated dobads. Use caution.
Add pictures here
✖

Or you could stick to the tape, not be able to call for help, your arms would lose blood circulation, they'd get gangrenous, you'd have to gnaw off your own arms to escape. Then wouldn't you look silly!
✖

My dogs could gnaw off my arms. They need a good meal. Oh wait, the vet said only dog food. Never mind.
Add pictures here
✖
That was good. I tried gnawing off my arms, but that made it hard to type.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
wrote:

Did you know that fornication causes cancer? The next time you have sex, might be your last........
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 21, 3:00 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yohoo.com wrote:

Cool.
Add pictures here
✖

The first sign of lead poissoning is paranoia. Good luck with that. Compare the stats on lead poisoning with auto accident deaths. Stay home! Mike
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 21, 1:59 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

There is no lead or zinc on black iron pipe. Galvanized pipe is a different matter.
I might suggest that black iron pipe may be a little rough on the hands. You may want to sand it smooth.
Add pictures here
✖

Nothing harmful in it and it is the most common type of pipe used. Just be sure to secure it well if you are putting weight on it.
Add pictures here
✖