Black & Decker 18V Firestorm

Anybody used a Black & Decker 18V Firestorm with the removable pop-off chuck? I have a 6 year old B&D 12V that has been working great in moderately heavy use. The batteries are still going strong. I'm intrigued by the chuck. Also, the batteries interchange with my old one. Opinions appreciated. TIA
http://products.howstuffworks.com/black-decker-firestorm-cordless-drill-driver-fs1800d-2-review.htm
1D1OT wrote:

I had one a few years back. The removable chuck "feature" was useless. It was way underpowered, and the batteries didn't last very long at all. I also hated the way the batteries slid into the drill. Oh yeah, it was too heavy - the weight to performance ratio sucked.
1D1OT wrote:

http://products.howstuffworks.com/black-decker-firestorm-cordless-drill-driver-fs1800d-2-review.htm
Christmas. Comes with 2 batteries and charger with case. You can drill and screw at the same time. Just pop off the drill chuck and the screwdriver bit is right there. 2 speeds and reverse. Lots of power.
--
Van Chocstraw

I've got a 12V Firestorm ~6 years old with removable chuck. Works fine. I like the feature. Guess 18V would even be better.