Bird Question

My parents have a brass kick plate on their front door.

Unfortunately, there is a bird that comes around almost every morning, and poops all over the plate.

This morning my Dad was in the yard when it happened. The bird apparently sees itself in the plate, (like a mirror), then pecks at it, and then does his thing.

Any ideas as to how this can be solved?

Many thanks.

Corinne

Reply to
Corinne

Thanks for confirming that your are a f***in' idiotic troll...

Reply to
Grumman-581

Sure... BB gun.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Remove the door

Reply to
m Ransley

Get a cat

Reply to
Toller

You should tell your Dad to go poop on the brass plate himself. And then pee on it. It's called "marking territory".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Terro ant killer. They take it back to their nest and it kills the whole colony.

Reply to
gfretwell

Well, my neighbors have two cats, and my parents live across the street from me. This is not working.

If you read my other thread about "Another Frustrating Cat Question", it is more than likely these cats that are urinating on my brass door plate.

And, to someone who thought I was a troll, no this is for real. :(

I did put some red chili powder on my door sill last night, and so far, no problem. It may work, but it sure looks goofy.

Toller wrote:

Reply to
Corinne

Nope, definitely not a troll, and I posted about the cat/bird on the same day.

I love the looks of a kick plate, but am beginning to think they are more trouble than they are worth.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Corinne

I had a cardinal that would fly into the rear sliding glass door about

10 or 20 times in the morning. It lasted about a month, sometimes every day, sometimes I think every 2 or 3 days. Then the next summer, a cardinal -- I think the same one -- would fly into the door in the morning 10 or 20 times, and after that he would go to the sliding glass door on the front (north side) of the house and do the same thing. Lasted about a month. He may have come back a third summer. After that I didn't see him anymore.
Reply to
mm

Dad covered the door plate with newspaper, so the bird cannot see his reflection in it.

We are h> >

Reply to
Corinne

Corinne wrote in news:xUTag.65$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sisna.com:

It will for this year. It'll prolly come back next spring. I have a robin that flies into the windows all day, each spring. I cover the windows as you do.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

Reply to
Corinne

Two points for Dad. Maybe I should have tried that.

Reply to
mm