Bird Question

My parents have a brass kick plate on their front door.
Unfortunately, there is a bird that comes around almost every morning, and poops all over the plate.
This morning my Dad was in the yard when it happened. The bird apparently sees itself in the plate, (like a mirror), then pecks at it, and then does his thing.
Any ideas as to how this can be solved?
Many thanks.
Corinne

Thanks for confirming that your are a fuckin' idiotic troll...
<bitch-slap>
<plonk>
Corinne wrote:

Sure... BB gun.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Remove the door

colony.
--
CHI-MUM

Nope, definitely not a troll, and I posted about the cat/bird on the same day.
I love the looks of a kick plate, but am beginning to think they are more trouble than they are worth.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Well, my neighbors have two cats, and my parents live across the street from me. This is not working.
If you read my other thread about "Another Frustrating Cat Question", it is more than likely these cats that are urinating on my brass door plate.
And, to someone who thought I was a troll, no this is for real. :(
I did put some red chili powder on my door sill last night, and so far, no problem. It may work, but it sure looks goofy.
Toller wrote:

You should tell your Dad to go poop on the brass plate himself. And then pee on it. It's called "marking territory".
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

I had a cardinal that would fly into the rear sliding glass door about 10 or 20 times in the morning. It lasted about a month, sometimes every day, sometimes I think every 2 or 3 days. Then the next summer, a cardinal -- I think the same one -- would fly into the door in the morning 10 or 20 times, and after that he would go to the sliding glass door on the front (north side) of the house and do the same thing. Lasted about a month. He may have come back a third summer. After that I didn't see him anymore.
Dad covered the door plate with newspaper, so the bird cannot see his reflection in it.
We are hoping that this will break his habit.
Thanks. mm wrote:

Oh joy! Something to look forward to. Thanks.
RobertPatrick wrote:

Two points for Dad. Maybe I should have tried that.