Bill Gates Air Conditioning Tips

Page 2 of 2

We have a similar situation with the outdoor heat exchanger for our air compressor at work. (150 HP). During the hot weather it was getting marginal and causing compressor shutdown. So, some brilliant guy set up a lawn sprinkler under it. Cooled it down quite a bit, but with too much force, it also bent some of the fins reducing air flow. It is better now, after somebody laid under it and straightened fins for a few hours.
So, considering all this information, which is intuitive, I wonder why HVAC companies don't either sell (and make money on) or recommend at least a cover mounted a few feet over the top of AC units, or least a section of fence or something on the sunniest side.

Great translation by an incompetent probably.
They do "produce" heat. In the winter, I'm less careful about turning lights off that are not being used. The light does convert to heat energy, so it will in turn heat the house and not be wasted. Of course this was probably re-written by some software babe, not from the original tech writer.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

No doubt the same one who developed I.E.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

If it was from a tech writer, he or she isn't very good, but most/many electronic/software tech writers seem to have language problems. It would not surprise me if the sentence came directly from an engineer.
Matt wrote:

Yes, software writers are not the best. The first sentence has two components but whoever wrote the sentence acted as if it were one component--energy and heat. Nonetheless, just about every thinking person with English as a primarily language would know what the sentence intended.
AC people like to argue about the effect of shade, focusing only on air temperatures. Apparently they never stood outside in the boiling sun or compared temperatures in houses that were fully illuminated by the sun with house that were shaded by trees.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Banking/Homefinancing/P85734.asp?GT1g04
Back of dry white out package:
"The safety is not poisoned."
Translated in China.
You know there is no such thing as Light.. There is just the absence of Dark!
Universal Theory of Dark For years it has been believed that electric bulbs emitted light. However, recent information has proven otherwise. Electric bulbs don't emit light, they suck dark. Thus we call these bulbs dark suckers. The dark sucker theory proves the existence of dark, that dark has mass heavier than that of light, and that dark is faster than light.
The basis of the dark sucker theory is that electric bulbs suck dark. Take for example, the dark suckers in the room where you are. There is less dark right next to them than there is elsewhere.
The larger the dark sucker, the greater its capacity to suck dark. Dark suckers in a parking lot have a much greater capacity than the ones in this room.
As with all things, dark suckers don't last forever. Once they are full of dark, they can no longer suck. This is proven by the black spot on a full dark sucker.
A candle is a primitive dark sucker. A new candle has a white wick. You will notice that after the first use, the wick turns black, representing all the dark which has been sucked into it.
If you hold a pencil next to the wick of an operating candle, the tip will turn black because it got in the way of the dark flowing into the candle. Unfortunately, these primitive dark suckers have a very limited range.
There are also portable dark suckers. The bulbs in these can't handle all of the dark by themselves, and must be aided by a dark storage unit. When the dark storage unit is full, it must be either emptied or replaced before the portable dark sucker can operate again.
Dark has mass. When dark goes into a dark sucker, friction from this mass generates heat. Thus it is not wise to touch an operating dark sucker.
Candles present a special problem, as the dark must travel into the solid wick instead of through glass. This generates a great amount of heat. Thus it can be very dangerous to touch an operating candle.
Dark is also heavier than light. If you swim just below the surface of a lake, you will see a lot of light. If you swim deeper and deeper, you notice it gets slowly darker and darker.
When you reach a depth of approximatley fifty feet, you are in total darkness. This is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the lighter light floats to the top.
The immense power of dark can be utilized to man's advantage. We can collect the dark that has settled to the bottom of lakes and push it through turbines, which generates electricity and helps push dark to the ocean, where it may be safely stored.
Prior to turbines, it was it was much more difficult to get dark from the rivers and lakes to the ocean. The indians recognized this problem, and tried to solve it.
When on a river in a canoe travelling in the same direction as the flow of dark, they paddled slowly, so as not to stop the flow of dark; but when they travelled against the flow of dark, they paddled quickly so as to help push the dark along its way.
Finally, we must prove that dark is faster than light. If you were to stand in an illuminated room in front of a closed, dark closet, then slowly open the closet door, you would see the light slowly enter the closet; but since the dark is so fast, you would not be able to see the dark leave the closet.
In conclusion, I would like to say that dark suckers make all our lives much easier. So the next time you look at an electric bulb remember that it is indeed a dark sucker.