Bigger electric power washers

Page 2 of 2

on 7/23/2008 1:29 PM ChairMan said the following:

My Husky1650 electric claims 1.6 GPM. My Generac 2250 gas claims 2.2 GPM. Sounds like the first two numbers in the model number is the GPM.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
on 7/23/2008 12:16 PM Art Todesco said the following:

need to do with a power washer. Clean decks, siding, concrete, asphalt, wood fencing, under the car, and have even used it on the engine in my PU. I have a 6 hp Generac 2250 gas power washer in my shed that has had a blown water pump for the last 5 or so years A new water pump will cost around $250, and I have been putting it off because the electric washer works for everything I need.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I have a 5hp (240v 30a) It is as good or better than most homeowner gas machines. 2700 PSI at 2.5 GPM You do need a 30a 240v outlet but I have a dryer plug on it and most people have a dryer. Around my house I put in a few outlets in different places, all on ther same circuit so I can use it all around the house. It comes with a 35' cord and I made up a 25' extension cord. I have about 120' of hose (3 pieces with quick disconnects. With all of that they is really no place I can't go. The ability to just plug this in and spray makes it very handy. No stale gas, no engines that won't start and it is quiet.

I use a 1300 lb Karcher and have used alot of gas units. For home and light commercial my 1300 lb is fine. With gas you have the pain in the ass of a gas motor, and electric will be maybe 75% cheaper to run. Im hapy with what I have, more pressure would be nice, but it wouks and is light weight. There are 20 amp models at maybe sears.

I suspect you are going to run beyond what will run on 120V before you get what you want. I have not seen any 240V models.
I notice that your only talked about psi. That is a big mistake, especially in the lower (non-commerical) market. The manufacturers know most people only look at the psi, and they do all they can to show big psi numbers. However the gallons per minute is at least equally important.
I have a small electric washer. It does a good job. That is it cleans everything I would expect a power washer to clean. It is however slower than I would like. However that is a volume issue not a pressure issue. I need something that is going to throw more water at the same pressure, a lot more, to make me happy. I also know that any unit that will do that will be gas powered and will be big and heavy and will cost a lot. I am sticking with my little electric, at least until it dies.