Bids coming in ............

Well, I got the first bid today on the 30 x 50 x 16 ft metal building.
Two rollup doors, three entry doors, four windows, four skylights, insulated, two gable vents, slab and erection.
$65,858.00 including tax. $16,702 for building only.
I have to call tomorrow and ask if this is correct, because that seems like a lot for installation.
At my estimates,
concrete, about $2,000 concrete labor at $3.50 sf to form, pour and finish $5250 6 iron men 40 hours each at $40 per hour $9,600 Insulation $1,000 building cost $16,702
That leaves me with $31,306 for profit.
I believe I have figured the elements a little high, too.
I think I'll call tomorrow and see if there was some mistake.
$66,000 for a 1500 sf metal shop sounds high to me.
Steve
Sounds like you'd better find another building company. That's totally out of line.
--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one

My wife, who doesn't understand why a nail has two different ends got the fax and said WHOA!
I called the guy just now and he's going to go back through it IF he calls me back today.
"Well, you know, there's the slab, and all the permits, and all the stuff, and, and, and .................."
When I crunch the numbers, figure concrete at $70 per yard, 240 man hours at $40 per hour, concrete finishing at $3.50sf, I come out with $32,626 net profit. Not bad for a week's work.
I do have a family member who's putting together a package. He sells metal buildings here in Las Vegas on a HUGE scale, but can get one of these smaller ones through his network. He will even line up the contractors to pour the slab and erect the building. So, I'll see what he comes in at.
If not, I'll do the damn thing myself. I was a steel erection contractor for nine years. I think I can figure it out.
I hate it when people treat you like you don't have the intelligence to operate a calculator.
Steve

The company called me with a breakdown. It seems the slab is the most costly part, coming in at $26,000.
I think I'll wait for the other bids.
Steve