Bidet Diverter. How is it SUPPOSED to work? Horiz vs Vertical?

Being all 'hip with the times', I had a BIDET installed in my master bathroom when the house was built 2 years ago. I never really thought about it back then but recently was curious how it worked so I turned it on.

There are Hot & Cold adjustment valves which are obvious to operate. There is a third control, some form of diverter and vacuum break. In one direction (fully clockwise) it has all of the water coming from the horizontal jet which is molded into the porcelain unit itself. In the other direction (Fully counter-clockwise) it has most of the water coming from the VERTICAL mounted jet, but a fair bit of water still coming from the horizontal jet.

Is this correct? It seems like it should divert from FULL HORIZONAL flow to FULL VERTICAL flow based upon where you adjust the control. I have removed the diverter and find the mechanism can NOT be set to full vertical only. I tried by blowing air into the diverter and rotating the control to see where it comes out. I was unable to get the horizonal flow to reduce below say 30% of the total volume.

Is this correct or is the diverter not working properly? (This is a series 909 Brasstech/Newport Brass Bidet set)

Reply to
Mark Harris

Mark, every household in this country should have a bidet. It isn't about being hip, it's all about hygiene and convenience. Arthritic and handicapped people benefit significantly from using a bidet and women suffer fewer cases, if any, of vaginal thrush.

Reply to
Turandot

So does this mean YOU KNOW how the diverter should work? I can't find very many people that even have seen one here in the USA.

Mark Harris

isn't about being

AMEN!

Reply to
**rosie**

why not go to a bathroom showcase store and see if they have any(better yet) call up and then go there if they do, thebn you can ask someone int he store how they work, as far as the diverter????? bet they can tell you.. some of these store will not sell retail, but only will show the stuff so your plumber can buy the stuff wholesale and then install if for you.. but that cant stop from asking questions about them if they have any????

Reply to
jim

What the heck is a BIDET ?????

Reply to
me

You need to watch the movie "Crocodile Dundee".

To quote, "It is for washing your backside".

Reply to
John Hines

Well, I went to the plumbing showroom this afternoon and determined after talking to all the folks there that NOBODY knows exactly what a NORMAL operating mode is for a BIDET. They have seen BIDETs installed here in northern calif, but never really paid much attention to the details.

We decided to just simply replace the DIVERTER control altogether since it is still under warranty.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Harris