Bid Sheets and Contracts

I am planning to have my roof reshingled sometime next summer. I am not familiar with what I should include when requesting bids from different roofing contractors. I want to make sure that the bids include everything that should be done.
I am requesting information on where to find sample bid sheets and sample contracts for residential roofing jobs. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Bid sheets? You'll be scaring away the best contractors.
You can draw up specifications to bid on but since you are not a roofing expert you may miss something. If the job turns bad because of it, it is YOUR fault as the contractor did what was in the contract.
A better approach is to ask a couple of neighbors who did their roof. Look at the types of shingles offered by a couple of manufacturer's so you know what styles you like. Talk to the roofer and ask what he thinks should be done. If the guy has been roofing for 10, 20, maybe 30 years, he should know what is best. Get two or three quotes. Don't look for the lowest price; look for the best value. Better to spend a couple of hundred more for the quality job if offered a better option. .