bi-metal defrost and Cement Alumilastic

Hi,

I am replacing my bi-metal defrost thermostat from my side by side Kenmore referigerator. I got bi-metal defrost thermostat and cement alumilastic. How, or where do i apply the Alumilastic cement ? The bi-metal defrost thermostat has a clip.

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

i am thinking of applying the alumilastic cement on the clip or to the splice connector, but not certain as it does not have any specific instructions. Also, is pig tail connector good for the splice connection? or do i need a spcial type just for referigerator.

any advise would be appreciated!

Jay P.

Reply to
united_airline

Same here.

A little silicone or permagum works well also.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

I have only seen Alumilastic used with icemaker thermostats and never with a defrost thermostat. If it is just a defrost thermostat then the clip is all that's needed.

wrote

Reply to
Ed

wrote

Yes, you can use screw on wire connectors to join the wires. Be sure to wrap them with electrical tape to prevent water from getting inside the connections.

Reply to
Ed

Jeff, Ed,

Thank you for your helpful info!