bi-level home and finishing basement

Hi,
I have a bi-level home (open front door and either go upstairs or downstairs). The downstairs is not finished. There are poured contrete walls only half way up (as the basement is only "half below ground"). The poured concrete creates a ledge around the entire basement. My question is how do I deal with this concrete ledge when I am framing and insulating?
Any help would be great.
Jaxx

Frame the bottom and insulate it, cover with sheetrock. Now you put a board on top to make a shelf. You will probably need a 1 x 12 (that is what I have) round the front edge a bit, trim with some molding. I can email you a picture of mine if you'd like. The shelf is nice for holding a bookcase, planters, etc.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Go with the ledge idea, I did the same in my old place, its a nice look, and makes a great bar ledge when playing ping-pong in the basement. the other option of going straight up will make your room seem slightly smaller, and, you will have realllllyy deep window, though, this would allow you to put in a tone of insulation to keep those exterior walls warm.
Mr. Pawlowki has a good idea.

business. If there are windows in the upper half of the wall, framing from floor to ceiling will raise the question of how to treat them. That's not so much a technical problem as an appearance and lighting problem.
TB