Bi-Fold Door - opening to small

I did not take into account corner bead and mud and now my opening for a new 24" bifold door is a 3/4" to small. The opening is now 23 3/4" and I know I need to allow some fudge for the door to open. Any suggestions to fix this problem?? I can plane the door down, but on which sides???? the hinge sides (the two centers) or the outside edges?. I am not sure the construction of a bifold if there is solid wood on the skeleton of the frame, enough to plane down?????
I will be posting one more door question-----I got myself in a pickle, lol.
Thanks Mickey

either fix the opening, or take equal amounts of each side.
I really do not want to re mud etc, I would rather plane down the door, but which side??? Hinge side or the two outsides??

the 2 outsides. if you do the hinge in the middle, then you have to have enough wood left over to remortise the hinges and screw into. i don't know your particular door, but the one i had only had an 1" piece of wood there, and taking 1/2 of it off would not be very strong.

The "outside" rather than the hinge side(s) usually has a wider reveal so I'd take it off the 2 outside edges. (BTDT) I have a Delta 10" Unisaw with a 52" X72" table so I just run them thru the saw rather than "planing". I think you'll find there is about 1.75" of solid material in the 'edge', of which you'll be trimming say 1/2" off.
Remove the hinges and plane those sides then reinstall the hinges. If you plane the outer edges you will have problems with the predrilled mounting holes not having enough wood support around them.

You should be able to look at the top or bottom of the door and see the stile. The stile should be the same dimension the entire length. It sounds as if you are trying to reduce the total width 1/4-1/2 " in two doors. Once you look at the stiles, decide whether to take an 1/8-1/4 on the two outsides, or take 1/16-1/8 off each edge. You may be influenced by the hinges which are either mortise or surface.