Beware the BBB when searching for contractors and vendors

The BBB is not a consumer agency, it is business owned and business friendly. They pay for their rating.

Reply to
gfretwell

"Follow the money"

Reply to
recyclebinned

Reply to
Frank

Not really. The bbb is an organization that figured out it could scam businesses into paying them. Don't pay get a bad rating. And many businesses pay because they realize most people don't realize bbb is useless and may refer to it for a rating.

Reply to
George

Not for long with the dollars rapid demise...

Reply to
Pete C.

No, it will just center around a lot more dollars. Thanks Obama.

Reply to
krw

If you have ever attempted to use the BBB to deal with a crooked business you quickly find out just how worthless the BBB is.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Arizona has a similar contractors recovery fund. I had a contractor working for my neighbor damage my fence. He wouldn't even return phones calls once he found out I wanted him to fix the damage he did. I filed a complaint with the Registrar of contractors and he called me immediately and was mad at me for filing it!!! But it got his attention and he fixed my fence pronto.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I have a small business, some years ago the BBB tried to extort the membership fee from me:( If you dont pay you will et a bad rating.......

I called and spoke to the president of the pittsburgh BBB.

He claimed it was the fault of the company they had solciting for them.

But no it appears its how they do business..........

i was so mad at what they tried i promised the president i would never join, he offered me a 1/2 price membership i said no thanks.......

it was funny i called and said i had a complaint, against who they asked? the BBB

Reply to
bob haller