Beware of tiny/blind URLs

http://www.wired.com/2014/08/operation_torpedo/

I can't open this. Something tells me to beware of it.
In

I probably could, but I won't -- same reason; especially given the subject line says "Beware of tiny/blind URLs" and there is no explanation in the message of what this tiny/blind URL is.
I also morphed the link above so that I am not knowingly propagating it to others.

Oh, yeah, that was my reason too!
and there is no explanation in the

I usually do that. Forgot somehow this time. Thanks.