Beware of non-working caulk softener

I purchased an 8 oz squirt container of 3M Caulk Remover - Softens caulk fo r easy removal - to use on the caulk around my bathtub surround where it me ets the bathtub. Cost at Menards was $4.49 plus tax. The label behind the back stick-on label claims it will work on ALL TYPES of caulk, sometimes i n 2 hours, sometimes in 7 or more hours.

The caulk I am attempting to remove is old white silicone rubber caulk.

It did not work even in 12 hours. Application was simple with the squirt c ap. I did about a 5' section, and went back at 2, 4, 6, and 9 hours. I co mpared how easy it was to dig my razor-like scraper into the treated caulk with how easy it was to dig into the untreated caulk. No discernible diffe rence!!!!!

Be warned!

Reply to
hrhofmann

Get a DeWalt Caulk Sucker (Model DWCS-6900).

Just plug it in and put the mouth of the caulk sucker on the caulk and turn it on. It will literally suck your caulk off.

Reply to
Billy Bologna

I got my money refunded without any problems at Menards, so all I lost was a day of waitng for the caulk to soften. Back to the armstrong scraping method of removal.

Reply to
hrhofmann