Better than PB Blaster

I've mixed it with Dexron II and Mercon in the past. Might not work if it has water in the acetone?

Reply to
clare

Back to Chem 101 dude. You have two words wrong in your statement: aromatic and hydrocarbon. By strict definition, hydrocarbons contain only carbon and hydrogen which acetone does not. Aromatic refers to compounds with ring structures like benzene, toluene and the like. Acetone can correctly be considered a polar compound, hydrocarbons are considered the opposite, non polar. With it's penchant for water miscibility acetone is a very poor choice for mixing with any strictly hydrocarbon fluid like PSF, ATF or hydraulic fluid. And that's a fact.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Bullshit.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Well, I just tried Dexron 3 and it does not mix very well neet. I used to use Dexron 2, Kero, varsol, and Acetone in equal amounts and that mix DID work. It's known as Ed's Red. Perhaps the kero and varsol aid in the mixing, or perhaps the old Dexron mixed better - I don't know. But the 4 way mixture sure mixed well, and stayed mixed.

Darn good penetrant too, and the ATF left enough oil behind to resist re-rusting

Reply to
clare

I have been using Ed's Red for about 15 years when I got the mix from him off the old Fido net, Way back before the Al Gore 'invented' the internet. It works very well for many things. The acetone seems to stay mixed in it. Might have to do with all the other items in the mix.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Like I said.

Ya think?

Reply to
Doug Miller

How come none of us just dip our entire cars in penetrating oil about twice a year?

Reply to
telegramps