Better start hoarding those 60-watt incandescents...

No, he doesn't believe in governments. He still uses his lead pipes for drinking water, and the result is self-evident to the meanest observer.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal
[snip]

[snip]

Interestingly, an incandescent filament is in a sealed bulb with (ideally) no oxygen so it WON'T burn. When the filament burns it stops working.

Reply to
sam E

My mother knew some people who worked on a military base in Arizona (no DST). That's what they did, and found it a lot easier than messing with the clocks (and actually doing the same thing, but pretending otherwise).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

No we are NOT and THAT is the real point.

I am not free to buy or sell 100 Watt incandescent bulbs even if there is a demand for them.

If you feel it is a trivial issue, why did the govt waste it's time creating a law about it.

If you think violence is not ultimatly involved, try selling untaxed cigarettes on the street in NYC.

Mark

Reply to
makolber

No we are NOT and THAT is the real point.

I am not free to buy or sell 100 Watt incandescent bulbs even if there is a demand for them.

Reply to
BurfordTJustice
[snip]

I have CFLs in mine now, and don't like them. Maybe I should try LEDs too.

And (for some reason) some people prefer film cameras.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

The transistorized bear :)

BTW, I knew about bipolar transistors for years before hearing about the medical condition.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Well, you are now.

To reduce unnecessary electricity usage which is good for all of us.

I suppose you can pretty much do any stupid thing to bring violence on yourself. Pushing a police officer is near the top of the list.

Selling untaxed cigarettes isn't even close to what brought on the violence. Up until he started pushing all he faced was a fine.

(A well deserved fine.)

So, as far as "real point", looks like you missed more than one.

Reply to
Dan Espen
[snip]

And say no to all taxes. Tax is robbery and you want nothing to do with that.

Reply to
sam E

I bought my candelabra base 4.7 watt LED bulbs from Costco. You might want to check your local Costco to see if they're still selling them. The LED bulbs give a very attractive white light that doesn't take time to come to full brightness.

'Mark Lloyd[_11_ Wrote:

Well, I could see a professional photographer preferring a film camera because of their very much higher resolution that film allows if the image is in proper focus. But your point is well made; digital cameras meet our needs the vast majority of the time, and they do it without our having to pay for film and film processing. Within my lifetime we have gone from photography costing $6 for a roll for film plus $12 for processing to digital cameras costing less than $100 that take as many pictures as your camera's battery and spare memory sticks will allow; literally hundreds of pictures per battery charge. I call that progress, and I really don't see the government at work trying to seize control of our digital cameras in any way.

Reply to
nestork

Or banning film cameras. The marketplace and informed citizenry knows best.

Reply to
Reggie

Not as funny as the idea that government can save.

Reply to
Neill Massello

Actually you ARE if you can find them to buy and sell without manufacturing or importing them. If you have a 60 foot trailer full of them out behind the barn you are free to sell them to whomever you please. You cannot make more or import them when you run out.

Reply to
clare

that is not YOUR account. the savings you accrued will be doled out to the sunlight deprived.

Reply to
Reggie

You can, however, make and sell as many 57 or 95 watt bulbs as you wish.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

If you can't tell the difference between preaching and illustrating, I feel sorry for you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You didn't build that! And, your white privilege means your sun light has to be redistributed.

It's only fair. Remember the Reagan years? "an early sunshine lights all yards" was the slogan. We now know that some people got more than their share of sun shine, and so now Obama is making it all fair, again.

Anyone who complains is racist.

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Error, error, that does not compute. Both are measuring the same thing.

If the bulb is

Ahh, the old Fox News slam. I'll bet like most of the others that slam Fox, you never watch it. And now folks who think people should be left to choose whatever bulb they want are anti-govt reactionaries? Good grief. If something is so good, it doesn't need the govt to force it down citizens throats. Leave me free to choose.

Reply to
trader_4

What BS. Of course govt is forcing toilets and light bulbs on people. The govt has *banned* your right to buy the toilet or light bulb you want. Saying that you can continue to use the one you have doesn't mean much. It would be like saying prohibition didn't matter, you could still drink the alcohol you already had.

Reply to
trader_4

But did the govt ban the manufacture or import of typewritters? Or did free people make that transition, on their own? If the thing is so damn good, no govt forcing is necessary.

Reply to
trader_4