Better sales: Black Friday vs. 1/2/10 ?

Awl --

I'd guess 1/2/10+ would have the better sales, but don't know for sure. I'd guess the second week of January would be even better, from all the returns, etc.

Inventory/selection would certainly be better on black friday....

Somebody is selling a 32" lcd tv for $250 this friday.... hmmmmm......

Any opinions? Data?

Reply to
Existential Angst

Take it to a newsgroup that gives a flying f*ck.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Ackshooly, some relevance ito home repair/appliances, etc. And an inneresting notion in its own right.

Hey, lighten up... get some holiday cheer and, well, SMD.

Reply to
Existential Angst

Most stores are carrying smaller inventories this holiday season, because they know sales will be down. So there may not be enough leftover merchandise to warrant deep discount sales afterwards.

Reply to
Hell Toupee

Many stores cut special deals with mfgs for merchandise just for BF. They figure once you are in the store you will buy other stuff.

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Take the red pill.

Reply to
Oren

Read the fine print on ads:

-Limited quantities

-No rain checks

- While supplies last

There are other restrictions by store I'm sure. "Cyber Monday" is on the 30th.

Reply to
Oren

"Existential Angst" wrote in news:4b0dc83c$0$4984$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

I'm not leaving the house on Black Friday. I don't want to get trampled.

Reply to
Marina