Better sales: Black Friday vs. 1/2/10 ?

Awl --
I'd guess 1/2/10+ would have the better sales, but don't know for sure. I'd guess the second week of January would be even better, from all the returns, etc.
Inventory/selection would certainly be better on black friday....
Somebody is selling a 32" lcd tv for $250 this friday.... hmmmmm......
Any opinions? Data?
--
EA

Take it to a newsgroup that gives a flying fuck.

Ackshooly, some relevance ito home repair/appliances, etc. And an inneresting notion in its own right.
Hey, lighten up... get some holiday cheer and, well, SMD.
--
EA

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:34:51 -0600, AZ Nomad
Take the red pill.
Existential Angst wrote:

Most stores are carrying smaller inventories this holiday season, because they know sales will be down. So there may not be enough leftover merchandise to warrant deep discount sales afterwards.

Read the fine print on ads:
-Limited quantities
-No rain checks
- While supplies last
There are other restrictions by store I'm sure. "Cyber Monday" is on the 30th.
Existential Angst wrote:

Many stores cut special deals with mfgs for merchandise just for BF. They figure once you are in the store you will buy other stuff.
Lou

I'm not leaving the house on Black Friday. I don't want to get trampled.