Best ways to clean bathroom tile grout

acetic ....... errr ........ ethanoic ......... err .............something ...............

;-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Well, the Romans got their vinegar by collecting piss. Must've been interesting when they brought the toga back to the cleaners... "Hey, Romulus? Yeah, my toga smells like piss, and it's not my piss. Can you run it through again? Thanks."

RicodJour

Water

Reply to
Pete

Water. Same as CLR et al. The acid in vinegar is very mild.

Reply to
dadiOH

To get any whitening agent to the grout you first have to penetrate the soap scum, chemically and/or abrasively. I had pretty good luck with TileX, but that was decades ago and it probably isn't worth shit today. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

She Who Must Be Obeyed =============

Oh.....one of THOSE households....

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Pete wrote in news:sku53tzf766o.1eb84berkrt4l$.dlg@

40tude.net:

I meant the primary thing that makes vinegar, vinegar.

Reply to
Tegger

Spik and span (Sp) active ingredient was Tri sodium phosphate. Good for cleaning all sort of stuff like moss etc.

Reply to
Bill who putters

You're joking, right?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Nope Jusy it is Spic and span,

Bill who putters

In this branch of the discussion, the question was "what makes vinegar vinegar". In other words, what is the active ingredient? Take another shot at the question while we break for a commercial.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'm sorry I always think of the entire tread and respond I confess sometimes incoherently.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Bill who putters wrote in news:b2forewagner- snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

Looks like Spic and Span might still contain TSP. According to the MSDS, the ingredients contain: Anionic surfactants, water softeners (complex sodium phosphates, sodium carbonate), dry chlorine bleach, processing aids (sodium sulfate), metal protection agents (sodium silicates).

Mr. Clean ingredients: Cleaning agents (nonionic and anionic surfactants), quality control agents, perfume, colorant and water.

My wife bought two whole gallons of Mr. Clean many years back and I'm so glad we've finally used it all up. I'm buying some Spic and Span, as Mr. Clean hasn't ever done nearly the same job, especially on bathroom tile grout.

Reply to
Tegger

RicodJour wrote in news:99e082ef-984a-4eee-9498- snipped-for-privacy@i5g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

Gives me an idea:

Let's see, first I need to Google: body reconstruction

Reply to
Red Green

"Steven L." wrote in news:at6dnTFNtuxLEiHRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I know your post is a couple of weeks old. This came out recently. No new miracle news though.

Red Green

I have used a grout paint. I apply it with a q-tip. It dries within minutes and is easily wiped off the tiles where you painted outside the line. I bought it at HD but do not remember the name. It was a white plastic bottle with a blue label approx 8 - 10 oz.

Reply to
Thomas