Best way to tighten / loosen faucet locknuts ??

I am trying to replace a faucet installed on a small bathroom vanity, and the locknuts holding the faucet in place are very difficult to reach.
For anyone who has worked underneath sinks and replaced faucets, it is usually tight quarters and hard to reach. It is especially hard to hold a basin wrench or other tool in just the right position in order to apply torque.
I have seen ads for a device called the Basin Buddy which is a patented, supposedly universal basin nut wrench which claims to make the job much easier:
http://www.wal-rich.com/BasinBuddyPage.pdf
Does anybody here have an opinion about this product or any other better method of removing and tightening these locknuts?
Many thanks.
Add pictures here
✖

You can buy an inexpensive basin wrench at the BORG which will tighten the nuts as tight as they need to be.
Here is a picture: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Basin-Wrench
--
Colbyt
✖
On Sun, 03 May 2009 08:49:44 -0400, Smarty wrote:

http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/rlm_photos/?action=view&current ºsinWrench.jpg
You might find a friend that you could borrow one from.
Add pictures here
✖

I've always been able to get by with the old style basin wrench's. And they work on the newer "nutless" nuts that just have ears instead of flats.
Add pictures here
✖
Smarty wrote:

If, as you say, you are trying to REMOVE the faucets, then that wrench you point to will only remove the tubing coupling nuts, but likely not the faucet mounting nuts, which are the ones which secure the faucets themselves to the sink.
Jeff
Jeffry Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE) The speed of light is 1.8*10^12 furlongs per fortnight.
Add pictures here
✖

It's a thirty-dollar tool that's only worth two bucks. It's made of _plastic_ for crying out loud. You'll also have to buy an 18" socket extender, and that'll run you another fifteen dollars or so--but at least it will be metal. :-)
Of course, only you know what your time is worth.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
On Mon, 04 May 2009 03:29:17 +0000, SteveBell wrote:

The *words* on the sheet claim it is made from anodized aluminum.
Add pictures here
✖

I never considered the possibility of using a crowsfoot-style wrench, and this would seem to be an ideal answer for my particular problem. The hex nut is 1-1/2", so I am going to pick up the appropriately sized wrench. I already have the necessary extensions, ratchet, etc.
Thanks again to all for being truly excellent with great suggestions!!!
Add pictures here
✖
Smarty posted for all of us...

This may an idea: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Faucet-Sink - Installer/EN/index.htm

✖

My bad...as another poster noted, the literature says "machined from anodized aluminum".
More likely machined & then anodized (but my money is on die casting not maching)
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖