Best way to sell old kitchen cabinets

Anyone buying used cabs. probably doesn't much care about photos. They want them cheap- will they fit? "We'll make them fit".

Maybe the

Have you ever bought anthing that way? How many people will see your ad?

Lots of people have said to try

Newspaper, or donate them or, as someone else suggested, use them in your garage/basement

If this doesnt work they are fun to break up. Like an cheap dresser. Wack em in a few key places, drop them on a corner & they'll fit nicely on a pallet. (Course you might want to take the doors off first)

;)

Reply to
3rd eye

Local Habitat for Humanity or Goodwill would pick them up and give you a receipt allowing you to put a value on them for tax return. TB

Reply to
tbasc

Sell on ebay and state local pick up only in the auction. You'd be surprised how many people use ebay.

Reply to
HomeBrewer

i unloaded cabinets from both my main house and the apt. put in an add in local paper - good cabinets suitable for a cottage / cabin.

Reply to
robson

Not to answer your question, but to ask you one. Are you sure you don't want to keep them? They can be used in the garage or basement as hanging storeage. Right over the washer/dry for soaps and stuff, and over the workbench for oil/rag/etc.

hth,

tom

Reply to
The Real Tom

You aren't going to get what they are worth no matter what you do. Ten cents on the cost dollar is about tops.

The Ebay suggestion is worth the cost of the effort. Low cost and if they don't sell you are out few bucks. If you go this route use the regional option to maximize your potential.

Habitat won't take them for use in their new homes. They might take them for resale in one of their resale stores if they have one in your area.. Your tax deduction would be the same.

The local newspaper or similar is most likely your best bet.

Since your most likely buyer is a frugal DIY person or a rental property owner you might explore local options for reaching these people. Most areas of any size have landlord association of some type.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Selling them is a crapshoot. You might find someone who is looking for JUST such a thing. And maybe not.

I once sold a radial arm saw on ebay, and put local pickup ONLY. The guy who bought it drove 250 miles to pick it up. Go figger.

I don't think there's any "best" way to sell them. Whatever will put you in contact with a buyer will be the "best".

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Our new cabinets will be here in a week or so, and I've procrastinated about getting rid of the old ones. They're very nice ash, very usable, and there are lots of them along with a built-in desk, corner cabinets, leaded glass in some doors, etc. - but we're tired of them and besides we reconfigured and they just don't fit any more.

I've thought of the local paper, but no photos there. Maybe the bulletin board at the grocery store? Lots of people have said to try eBay, but old cabinets aren't a national sort of sale - these will sell (if at all) to someone local.

Am I missing an obvious approach? Is there any proven, best way to sell them?

Thanks! Karl

Reply to
KVacek

Craigslist, if its available in your area.

Reply to
John Keiser

People have already told you the best solution - Ebay. You can't beat that venue. I have to strongly disagree with the poster who said seeing them isn't important. It's very important and it will save everyone, yourself included, time by being able to see good photos of them on Ebay. I suggested to a friend of mine just a few weeks ago, that he put his up on Ebay. They were average new home construction ones, about 8 years old. He got $2500 for the cabinets and kitchen sink, which I think is pretty damn good. He also got dozens of emails from people asking questions about them.

Obviously, you want to make it clear where they are located and that they are for local pick-up only.

Reply to
trader4

Second that suggestion. Before our kitchen remodel, I listed our VERY old and worn cabinets on Craigslist, with a picture and full disclosure about their condition. I had to take the listing down after an hour because I got so many calls.

Reply to
Craig A. Clarence

where are you located? Fred

Reply to