Best way to remove sticky Araldite from hands?

Page 1 of 2
What is the best way to remove Araldite which has been mixed but has not yet hardened from my hands?
I have tried meths, soap & water, Swarfega but none seem to remove the sticky Araldite.

Did you say you tried methyl chloride?....Dangerous stuff....I believe that material is similar, correct me if I am wrong, to epoxy and I never found anything to get it off your hands short of peeling it off over a few days....good luck, Ross

Try talcum powder.
Mary

that
Try white spirit.
Andy.
woods snipped-for-privacy@emercom.com says...

Acetone-based nail-polish remover?

I didn't see that. Meths isn't methyl chloride ...
Mary
snipped-for-privacy@example.invalid says...

Methylated spirits - denatured alcohol to our friends across the pond.
Bill Woods wrote:

Take off the latex gloves you were waring ;-)
--
Cheers,

John.

that
No, meths is methyl alcohol not methyl chloride. And don't consider using the latter, it's very nasty stuff, I believe used as paint stripper.
Marcus

Try face clenser, some are powdered walnut in solution...
Else get a tube of Solopol
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:06:26 +0000, John Rumm

Thats the one!
Anna
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642
130.133.1.4:

Don't worry, it wears off a lot quicker than expanding filler ;-(
mike

Did you ever read Peter Parry's (I think) story about his expanding foam canoe project?
It's a classic and we still remember and talk about it.
Mary

message

meths is actually ethanol which has been 'methylated' with methyl isobutyl ketone + some methanol + bitrex ('orrible taste') and a trace or a dye usually fluorescein to show its not potable (in case the small doesn't tell you)
Nik

Huh?
That's green/yellow ...
Mary

Servisol tape/video head cleaner. Can also be used to thin the Araldite for more delicate repair jobs!
--
Michael Slattery
snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com

I think that's trichloroethane - also found as tippex thinners
--
Tim Mitchell

Michael Slattery wrote:

Cellulose thinners will lift it, or acetone (nail varnish remover) but not once its set...

No, they did away with halogenated solvents in Tippex as they're quite nasty, if not carcinogenic, definitely bad for the ozone layer.
Marcus
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message

Here it is http://groups-beta.google.com/group/uk.d-i-y/msg/4af391ee021f98db

Absolutely hilarious