Best way to remove ivy tendrils from brick?

Title says it all.

I'm getting ready to sell my house and was told by a house inspector that most buyers don't want ivy all over the house so I removed it. Now I'm left with 500 sq. feet of ivy tendrils covering my red brick house.

What's the best way to get rid of them?

Reply to
Craig Toth

I don't think there is a good way to remove ivy. It anchors itself to the wall and if you cut it away, leaves the marks and rootlets. I think I would ask a realtor before taking the ivy down. It might look better left as is. If I owned the house, I'd cut it off at the roots and repoint the brick. TB

Reply to
tbasc