Best way to fix dent in new refrigerator?

Page 1 of 2
I got my daughter an electric scooter for Christmas, and since it was snowing outside, I took it for a spin around the kitchen island... well I went into the turn too fast slid into the new GE refrigerator, putting a dimple-type dent in it with the axle bolt. The dent is about 1.5 inches in diameter and maybe 1/4 inch deep.
What is the best way to repair such a dent? Bondo? Also, what is a good way to "texture" the repair to match the rest of the frige (so ther is not a smooth patch)? And how to match the paint?
Thanks in advance!
Brett
On 6 Jan 2004 09:41:43 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@go.com (Brett) wrote:

Hang a picture of your daughter over the dent and forget about it.
BB
IF you really want it out you'd massage it out from the inside, a car professional can use this technique for around $100
Kind of low for a picture (he did say axle dent). But any kind of stick on including a name brand sticker would cover it.
BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 02:10:58 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"

It sounded like he might have been doing a wheelie at the moment of impact! In any case, I was kidding, and my point was that there wasn't much sense in trying to fix it. It would end up worse. If he really wants the dent gone, he'll have to replace the panel.
BB

You guys don't get it. He said HE was the one who was riding the bike and HE was the one who put the dent in the refrigerator. Now HIS WIFE is on his ass about ruining the new refrigerator. THIS GUY IS IN DEEP SHIT AND NEEDS OUR HELP.
NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE SERIOUSNESS OF THE SITUATION?
(Brett) wrote:

Put a little sign on it that says "no scooters in the house".

Oh.
Well, in that case, he should get a little sticker that says "<husband> loves <wife>", and plonk that down over the dent.

I think I was more upset about it that she was. It is about 10 inches off the ground, so it is hard to see. It just makes me sick to shell out $1800 for a frige and then dent it. I'm a pretty skilled handyman. Has anyone ever used latex to take a texture mold from another part of the frige so the texture can be transferred? I've done some Bondo work before on the car. It would be a lot of work, and I may never get around to fixing it (low priority), but it would be nice to know it was possible.
Thanks for the suggestions so far (I think).
I'd be inclined to pop off the inner panel and try to straighten the dent with a hammer and a dolly - just like auto body work.

Then again the inside might have insulation glued in place. To get to it you might have to remove the insulation - not something I'd try...

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 21:57:44 GMT, "Larry Davick"

My guess is that any attempts to fix this damage will make things worse. If the original poster really needs it to look "right", he should just order a new panel. Trying to fix the old one is a losing proposition.
BB

I didn't see that Brett said the dent was in the door which would be the only place you could tak off the inner panel to get access (providing it didn't have 'foamed in insulation").
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+GE+fridge
=~~~~~~

was
refrigerator,
Consumer Reports just had a review of the $25 home gadgets to remove dents from cars. Might work on your refrigerator. Check it out at the library.

was
refrigerator,
If I were you I would try and pull the dent out with a toliet plungger. Keep trying it in succession. In other words what I am trying to say is use a rapid pumping/in & out pull method on it. I have pulled a couple of dents out of my car door that way. Post it if it works for you.

Won't work. He said it is a dimple caused by the axle bolt. No plunger will pull that out. John

Live with it get a refrig magnet
pretty much anything else will probably create a bigger distraction that you will notice every day
Look at it this way, function is beauty, leave it alone. You will be laughing about it next year. Seamus J..Wilson

Twenty years from now you'll still have the memory.

snipped-for-privacy@go.com (Brett) wrote in

Sounds too "locked in" for a suction cup. Could you do anything with a dent puller? It woulld solve the texture/color match problem.
If there is not a serious crease in the metal I've heard that blasting the dent with a cold gas like CO2 might lessen the dent