Best way to clean wood floor?

I'm moving into a new apartment that has wood floors. The wood floors have a layer of dirt of them (you can't see it, but a wipe with a paper towel shows tons of dirt).

I read wet mopping is out of the question, so what's the approach? I'm going to try vacuuming and see how that works, but can I use a damp microfiber mop or something? I'm thinking a little dampness either will be required or will just make it easier.

tia, Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Maloney

If the floors are varnished , you can use a wet mop on them , let dry and then wax.

Dont go wild with the water. A mop, wet , then wrung out is good enough.

Reply to
marks542004

Murphy's Oil soap is the way to go. Use a damp (not wet) mop.

Reply to
Remi

Use a damp mop, not soaking. You just want to avoid standing water. If it makes you fell better, and frankly it is not a bad idea. get an assistant with as few old towels to wipe it up as you go.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

You know, one hears this a lot, but every single article I have read about caring for wood floors has specifically recommended *against* Murphy's Oil Soap.

Jo Ann

messagenews:Xns98C6719F4F068patXXrickmalXXoneyho@66.250.146.128...

Reply to
hillacc at yahoo.com