Best way to clean and paint porch ceiling

We have a 8 foot by 21 foot porch ceiling with mildew on it. It would be hard to paint with a roller because the area is broken up into several small areas by 2 by 4 rafters. (I can email a picture to anyone who wants to see it.)
What is the best way to clean and paint this porch ceiling? My brother is thinking of getting an electric pressure washer and a Wagner airless paint sprayer. Would that be a good way to go? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
the only way I could keep my cat off the kitchen table
would be to tie him up with a cable