best way to attach a brass tailpiece to pvc

I have to attach a 1-1/2 in brass tailpiece from the drain of my new tub to the 1-1/2 pvc drain pipe. Should I use a pvc compression fitting or something else. Should I use pvc adhesive? What's best? TIA.

Reply to
hradilv

Get a Fernco connector.

Charlie Bress

It's a standard fitting, a large compression adapter with a plastic or rubber ferrule that goes around the tailpiece. They often come with both 1 1/4" and

1 1/2 ferrules. The body glues onto the pvc.
Reply to
DT

That's what I was leaning towards. Thanks, Dennis

Reply to
hradilv