best way to attach a brass tailpiece to pvc

I have to attach a 1-1/2 in brass tailpiece from the drain of my new tub to the 1-1/2 pvc drain pipe. Should I use a pvc compression fitting or something else. Should I use pvc adhesive? What's best? TIA.
Get a Fernco connector. http://www.fernco.com/ Charlie

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

It's a standard fitting, a large compression adapter with a plastic or rubber ferrule that goes around the tailpiece. They often come with both 1 1/4" and 1 1/2 ferrules. The body glues onto the pvc.
--
Dennis

On May 22, 4:17 pm, snipped-for-privacy@SPAMwowway.com (DT) wrote:

That's what I was leaning towards. Thanks, Dennis