"Best" underfloor hydronic heating system

Hi,

A simple internest search reveals a bunch of competing underfloor hydronic heating systems. Has anyone had any experiences with any of these systems and could voice some opinions on the pros and cons.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Fude

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the kind that goes under the subfloor rather than embedded in concrete. I'm planning to have a hardwood floor.

Reply to
Aaron Fude

I installed Wirsbo (now Uponor) hepex in our home ~12 years ago. It works great and I would do it again. This was installed underneath the floor in the joist cavity.

Reply to
George

I take it you have a boiler and radiators, how do you get low temp water to the tubes and balance it for btu output to match radiators.

Reply to
ransley

There's an option to connect it to the water heater.

Reply to
Aaron Fude

You mean boiler right, not a 55% efficent domestic water heater. Radiators often need 180f and more in extreme cold, radiant only uses about 110f or so. 180f on the floor and you could get rid of the slow cooker and just put a pot on the floor, and mumify the pets in a few weeks.

Reply to
ransley

If you have a mix of radiation in different zones you install a tempering valve for the radiant loops.

Reply to
George