best type of faucet

Years ago, we bought faucets that are either brass or brass coated. They tarnish badly. We also bought stainless steel that is wonderful in terms of upkeep. We find ourselves in the market again for faucets and would like to avoid the tarnishing. How do "burnished nickle" faucets compare to stainless steel and brass? What other materials are good?
TIA