best trouble light

What the best trouble light? I'm looking for one that can handle a 100-watt incandescent bulb with at least a 15-foot cord and electrical outlet in the handle. I've checked BORG, Lowes, Harbour Freight and WalMart so far. Must I buy "Made in China?"
I got one at Advance Auto, about 9 watts fluorescent. with socket in the handle. About ten bucks, was a year or so when I got it. Worked nicely since then.
If you want a longer cord, splice it.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

I just use a regular droplight and use a screw-in flourescent buld in it. The light is not nearly as bright as a 100 watt, but it produces almost no heat. Not only did I get tired of burning my arms and anything else that touches the light, I got tired of blowing bulbs when a drop of sweat, or water touches the bulb. The flourescent bulbs are about the same cost as the rough service bulbs made for droplights, but in my experience are even more rugged. The only ones I have had fail were when I dropped or banged the light hard enough to actually break the bulb. Another thing I have found: if you do not want to use a flourescent bulb, use a ceiling fan bulb. They are made to stand the vibration from a fan, and will last at least as long as a rough service bulb at a fraction of the price.(though I think 60 watt is the max) Larry
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 20:25:08 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (lp13-30) wrote:

But, will they work in my garage where the temperature can fall to 0 deg F?
(lp13-30) wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. On the few days when it is zero degrees fahrenhdeit in your garage and you are working there, change the florescent bulb for an incandescent,
Duuh.
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.

I restore Cars as a hobby... and have two lifts in the garage ...so I do have a need for trouble lights, and I use them...
I will NEVER buy another Fluorescent "terrible" light... have had 2-3 over the years and none worked all thay well... especially in the cold and they always end up blinking and becomming slow to start...PLUS the darn replacement bulbs are two expensive and when the last one gives out You can not "borrow" the light bulb out of the kitchen...
I get plenty of light using regular 40 or sometimes 60 watt bulbs in a regular trouble light... 40 is my preference (even though I am in my 60's and can see worth a darn without glasses) 40 watt bulbs give out plenty of light... 100 watt bulbs are both way too bright and way too hot...
Cords...well here I agree with More (longer) is better...BUT honestly I have no need for the handle having a socket in it... what for? so I can plug in a radio? Trouble lights are not meant to be used as extension cords...
Just my opinion..
Bob G. .
i been using a 12 volt droplight alot.just use the clamps on the cord to hook to battery. not as bright as 110v but goes anywhere , dont blind me and doesnt get hot. got a incandesent 110v at walmart for 20.00 ,man that thing is bright , itl blind you though if it faces you.my buddy bought it cause he dont like the 12v one..lucas
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 10:43:35 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

DUH........... Put in a smaller wattage bulb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, you gotta be blonde........
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

I stumbled across an item that I really like. It's a LED headlamp. Picked it up as WalMart for about 15.00. Very bright, follows your eyes and uses 3 triple A batteries that last a long time. Also adjustable in brightness and location, (ratchets up and down).
Its the Energizer model HDL33A2
I have begun to use a 60 or 100W (effective) CFL spiral bulb in mine. It seems to work quite well. They are much cooler, seem to be shock resistant, and have good brightness. --Phil
Phisherman wrote:

No matter the brand, or place of manufacture, or where you buy them, they are ALL TROUBLE !!! I would like to find a TROUBLELESS LIGHT !!!!!