Best tape for plastic window covering?

Last year, I taped up plastic sheeting on some windows to keep winter drafts out. In spring, when I pulled off the tape, paint came up with it.

Is there some kind of tape, double or single sided, that can sit on wood for months and then come off cleanly without tearing up paint or other finishes?

Thanks!

Reply to
stooftheoof

You might try a double sided carpet tape but one cautionary note; it's think and spongy so if you're having any heavy condensation (shouldn't with the plastic) it might trap moisture and wreck the finish on the wood. During the energy crisis of the 70's there was plastic framing for this purpose. It hinged over on itself, pinching the plastic and snapping into a groove - think, press 'n seal sandwich bags(which, incidentally wasn't in use then). The down side was the ugly piece of plastic which lived on the trim all year 'round 'cuz there wasn't an easy-peel adhesive back then. BTW, the product worked great. Sorry that I can't come up with a name for you.

Reply to
C & M