Best supplier of interior custom wood plantation shutters?

arrrggg! after doing what seems like endless search and fruitless results need to ask here: Need interior plantation wooden shutters and there a LOT of windows! so don't want to have to send my firstborn as payment. Anybody know a great source of reasonably priced interior shutters? Or, had experience and know what to watch for as 'gotcha's'?

Many of these shutters will be hit by the AZ sun so need to be super robust finish. would like to 'match' wood walnut color of blades in the fans.

Reply to
RobertMacy

will check it out. Thanks for the recommendation and the exact URLs.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Don't know about these but I hear ads on the radio although maybe not the same one:

Free shipping and guaranteed to fit sounds good.

Reply to
Frank

Thanks will check it out.

Those are Norman, which use Woodlore, ABS plastic reinforced wood. Pricing is $27/sqft which is a bit steep compared to others at $16 for wooden custom AND installed, but ...don't know their quality. Norman seems to have solved the wood stability and UV problem a bit.

You are right about shipping and guaranteed to fit. I hope THEY ask for 'correct' measurements.

One website that touted DIY and at $37/sqft !!! had you measure three locations for width: top, middle, and bottom. then three more for height; left center, and right. AMAZING! Guess they've never heard of a parallelogram! Having them proudly show you how to 'accurately' measure like that took a bit of shine off them, eh?

Reply to
RobertMacy

Does that still work if the window 'tilts' an unoticeable 2 inches at the top? no

Reply to
RobertMacy