best sprinkler head

Any consensus on what's the best brand of sprinkler heads? I've got Hunter brand and every couple years I have to replace 20% of them because they no longer will pop up and then the lawn gets brown spots all over the place.
Ashton Crusher wrote:

At $Dayjob, I believe a sprinkler system was installed in 1999, and it had all Hunter sprinkler heads (about 3 or 4 dozen of them).
About a dozen of them have been replaced over the past 2 years. Not because they don't pop up (they always pop up). They stop rotating through their pre-set pattern (they stop at one end of their rotation sweep and fail to reverse direction). For smaller areas, they've been replaced with heads that don't turn.

All my heads are just the simple non-mechanical type with a 15' throw. They just pop up and spray and you can adjust the spray anywhere from 0 to 360 degrees.
I think Simplex Grinnell had a good reputation. Why would you use a fire supression system on your lawn?
Any consensus on what's the best brand of sprinkler heads? I've got Hunter brand and every couple years I have to replace 20% of them because they no longer will pop up and then the lawn gets brown spots all over the place.

Usually mine last about 10 to 11 years before needing replacement. Usually when they act up prior to that age, I spray WD-40 around the exposed head and then try to pop it down. In most cases that does the trick for a couple of years. I also watched when I had mine serviced by the pros and bought the same shovel so when I do it myself, I disturb less grass area.

When I say same I didn't mean it literally... I meant identical. And I think I got mine from Walmart then.