Best solder free electrical connection

Page 6 of 13

tony sayer wrote:

Well under a fraction of one percent isn't sucessful. It's nothing but ego bloat.

Built here anyone;?..
--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer wrote:

How's your space agency doing? How do they like the US built communications systems that i built?

We weren't big enough among other things to afford a space programme which is no shame....
--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer wrote:

Yet you criticize those who did.

And where was there criticism?..
--
Tony Sayer

All by yourself, big boi ?
or was that just the solder joints ?
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

Is that your best attempt at an insult? The only solder work I did was to troubleshoot some boards. There were two complete ground stations. One fixed, one mobile. They were shipped to Italy. The last I heard, they wanted a second mobile ground station because the ESA facility was so small. That caused front end overload at launch for the fixed station. A good +60 dB above what they specified in their purchase order.
I worked in production test & engineering on that project.
enough left over to pay them.

geoff

geoff wrote:

Yawn. I wrote ECOs.
enough left over to pay them.

geoff

By *no* measure was it successful. It was a money pit.

Being a working supersonic transport IS NOT a measure of success? Profit is the only valid measure of success?
William Sommerwerck wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 03:26:33 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"

No. The Edsel was a working automobile, but it was hardly a success.

For products designed for the market, yes.

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Dumbass. The shuttle isn't a commercial service. Go back to your old RV and sleep it off.

Concord was successful, it met its design goals.
However it failed commercially as the goal was moved. We had several political changes and an oil crisis that made it too expensive. Pretty much the same as the 747 should feel when the A380 takes all its passengers. Which it won't as the USoA doesn't allow a level playing field and will prevent it from getting landing slots when its a threat.

They have the space shuttle, the only thing faster than that was Apollo but that's old technology borrowed from the Germans.
"dennis@home" wrote:

Which was to use ungodly amonts of tax money for the design and to subsidize the enntoire program.

The crappy V2 rockets that they rianed down on gay old England?

Well the Saturn V wasn't exactly advanced compared to a V2. They were both more or less the same. However the Russians did have significantly more advanced rocket engines. NASA have been using the designs to make their rockets better.