Best solder free electrical connection

Page 2 of 13

geoff wrote:

Yeah, but at least we had the stones to tell the monarchy to bugger off. Not that we don't do a lot of stupid stuff as well, but at least we haven't kept a clan of figureheads on the public dole for the last N centuries.
On 8/18/2010 6:33 PM, geoff wrote:

Um, the cultural education is nice but what's it got to do with electrical connections to a battery holder? Bizarre is fun but at least I try to keep my jokes within the subject matter being discussed. 8-)
TDD
On 19/08/2010 01:27, The Daring Dufas wrote:

It was... Radio Shack used to have UK outlets (but seemed to have vanished), but the link above was certainly for their US replacement...
Its a long way to go for a battery holder..
Paul wrote:

Yes. All the way to your mail box. Of course, that may require you to get out of your chair and actually walk.
On 19/08/2010 04:46, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

And pay three times the value in shipping and taxes
Paul wrote:

Only in uncivilised countries. ;)
writes

============================================================================ Many thanks to all. The push on brass connectors are a welcome solution, many thanks. I can easily buy those at Maplins.
To throw a little light on this unnecessary rudeness to our American cousins. The expression Amearkin came up because in the U.S. they could say American so quickly it sounded like Amearkin. So across the pond they became Amearkins...quite harmless.
However some low lifes changed this to Merkins. A few hundred years ago in order to deal with body lice, ladies would shave their lower private parts. Since this was deamed un-attractive, they could buy small triangular wigs which were called...you guessed it Merkins. Please dont let the low-lifes get you down, we have as many here as you have there. And they just love the internet.
On 8/23/2010 2:28 PM, john hamilton wrote:

Teasing is part of the Usenet experience, if we didn't like you we wouldn't even respond to you. You get a bunch of guys together and they are going to throw jabs at each other and kid around. It's basically what we call horseplay. It's like those celebrity roasts that are shown on TV, some of the most horrible and vile insults are thrown about by friends. 8-)
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

And if the 'friends' go too far, you throw them out! ;-)

The only time I've seen that happen is when someone attacks the family or children of a nasty poster. I'll pounce and tell them to leave the uninvolved folks out of it. One particularly foul individual posted a farewell to his grandmother who had just passed away and a rival started making fun of the late old woman. I let him know real quick it was in bad taste and to direct his anger at Mr. Nasty and not someone who was defenseless. There is such a thing as propriety.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I've had online and real life stalkers, and one ass who posted some lies about my long dead mother. So I asked why he was online, when he was supposed to be picking up his hooker wife. He was furious, and got even madder when not one of his cronies agreed with him. Sometimes you have to hit them with a six foot 2"*4", right between the eyes before they get the message. He had been making fun of the fact that I'm a disabled US Army Veteran and bragged that he was exempt from military service, because he was diabetic. He harped anout it for months, with others reminding him that he started it. I had dumped him into the bit bucket, so I only saw it in replies.

He could tell you that from looking up your arse? That's one good doctor...
;-)
--
Kenny

On 8/25/2010 3:44 AM, Kenny wrote:

Military physician, they had the latest diagnostic toys. 8-)
TDD

Umm .... anyone here ever heard of snipping an article like above?.
Means you don't have to keep scrolling down tru all the previous to get to the latest comments?...
--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer wrote:

Buy a mouse with a scroll wheel. Or even better, a Griffin Powermate.

I have a scroll wheel and its giving me a bloody sore finger scrolling so much just because some contributors can't be arsed to trim and snip;!...
--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer wrote:

What do you expect from draft dodgers..
tony sayer wrote:

Then take a sledge hammer to the piece of junk.
On 8/25/2010 4:20 AM, tony sayer wrote:

Well, we could top post! 8-)
TDD
On 8/25/2010 4:20 AM, tony sayer wrote:

It's my idiot filter. If they're too lazy to edit, I can be to lazy to read their comment.
Jeff