best “Sliding glass door” ?

Ok here’s one everyone should be able to comment on. “Sliding glass doors” Which is the best? Anderson, Pella, HunterDouglas, Noname, store brand. (French wood style) We have a Pella today, we need to add two more to another area of the house. The Pella is the only door that the screen is on the inside. The moveable door panel slides on the outside. Pros & Cons on this? I’d consider vinyl but in this room we would finish/stain the wood door. Would be installed on a north facing wall, in the upstate NY.
Thanks TP
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:48:47 GMT, TP

All sliding doors suck. If you use them in the winter the snow gets in the tracks and won't let them close.
Add pictures here
✖

I have a Pella and it is on a north facing wall also. The inside screen has the potential to allow bugs in when you close it for the night. Only downside I've found in 10 years or so.
The upside is that is seals very well. On most sliders, the wind pushes the sliding portion away from the gasket, but the Pella pushes it together to make a better seal.
Another poster made a comment about snow. We had about 70" of snow this year and I've never had a problem opening the door. To me, it is a non-issue
Add pictures here
✖

Opening was always fine, took a hair dryer to get it closed completely. If snow piles up on the side of the house it will be an issue.
Add pictures here
✖

Your experience differs from mine. Still a non-issue for me.
Now let me tell you about the original door with aluminum frame and the need for hair dryers. . . . . . . ..
Add pictures here
✖