???--Best saw to remove floor planks?????

Hello:

I'm the one restoring the hardwood flooring in the earlier posts. I now have all the old flooring and plywood removed and have found (as expected) several rotten boards that need replacing. They are tounge and groove - nailed through the tounge.

What is the best way to cut individual boards out squarely so they can be removed and replaced? I currently have .... 1. A skillsaw 2. A smaller cordless DeWalt skillsaw 3. A smaller Makita 3 3/8" trim saw (but the blade turns very slowly---it may splinter the cut) 4. A 4" angle grinder (tried that already on plywood and it smokes like crazy) 5. Chisels and mallet

Any suggestions on how to cut out individual boards without damaging the others would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Richard

Reply to
Richard Holliingsworth

I'd use an AC powered skill saw on max speed with a fine toothed blade. Easy to see when you're reaching the edge of each plank. Begin by drilling a pilot hole big enough for the blade.

Reply to
Doug Kanter