Best practice

We are re-doing a bathroom that has a cement floor and there are two issues to deal with. First in one area where the old vanity was we need to fill with cement to the floor level and second after removing the tiles the floor is not in best condition. What kind of cement do I use to fill the area where the vanity was? What is the best way to deal prepare the floor for the tiles? Is self leveling cement the way to go or is best to lay cement board/

It would help to know it the tiles are ceramic or vinyl since they use different bases and adhesives.

Why not give prospective responders a clue in your subject line for what your problem is? Ya' know-- like "leveling old cement floor" or "tile prep".....
Do ya think that might be helpful, huh?
On Sun, 17 May 2009 17:42:09 -0400, "Charlie Darwin"

Especialy when looking for a thread among many others, a few days later