Best Power Saw for Cutting Steel?

I need to dispose of a treadmill that is mostly composed of hollow steel pipes and channels, mostly welded together. The recyclers don't want a treadmill in it's assembled state plus it's very difficult to move at the moment.
To cut it up, I'm thinking of renting a reciprocating saw, similar to the ones used by plumbers to cut steel pipes.
Alternatively, I could use a welding torch, but I have no experience with welding, plus I would have to rent or buy the equipment.
Anyone have any recommendations for a good power saw or perhaps some other method for doing this?
Beachcomber
Beachcomber wrote:

This may be way too obvious, but have you tried giving it away - they haul? An adv. in the paper would be cheaper than renting a saw or torch set and spending several frustrating hours trying to cut it up, followed by hauling to the recycelr for a few bucks.

You could try to donate it.
If not, I suggest a circular saw with a cut-off wheel.
I've used both when disposing of a large amount of heavy galvanized pipe and rebar, and the circular saw is much quicker and cheaper.
I went through quite a few blades with the reciprocating saw, but only one cut-off wheel, and the wheel was 1/3 the price.
Make sure you haul the thing outside, whatever you do.
Pagan
Hi, I don't want to sound like a wise ass here but why not use a hacksaw?
OK, I know it takes a small amount of effort but a hacksaw is a really good tool.
Lewis.
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:30:23 GMT, not snipped-for-privacy@xxx.yyy (Beachcomber) wrote:

Well, if you wanna do it on the cheap, then get a hack saw...
Use an abrasive "cut off" wheel in your circular saw.
But, wear gloves and goggles as there is a lot of debris and sparks when it is grinding through.

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:30:23 GMT, in alt.home.repair RE: Best Power Saw for Cutting Steel? not snipped-for-privacy@xxx.yyy (Beachcomber) wrote:

Do you have a circular power saw? If so you can get a metal cutting blade for it for a few dollars. They're black without teeth on them. They look like masonry blades. I've used such a setup many times to cut light metal and rebar.