Best Over-the-Range Microwave Brands?

Page 2 of 2

willshak wrote:

And if I do that with my Sharp the kernels that popped early on are burnt.
willshak wrote:

I remember where I used to work. Every afternoon somebody burned a bag of popcorn. We could smell it all over the place. I don't know why they never figured out how to do it right.
Bill
BillGill wrote:

There are few things that smell better than buttered microwave popcorn cooked to perfection and also few things that smell worse than microwave popcorn that has been burned.

My Sharp does well with popcorn. Took a few bags to get it right (2min, 33 sec) to get no scorching and less that 10 kernels unpopped. But the brand of popcorn makes a difference also. Don't think it's the popcorn per se, but how the bags are constructed.

Get the inverter. The first microwaves just cooked half the time on the 50% setting. On and off for equal amounts of time, with full power blasts. The Inverters cook at truly the % of power you set them at. Makes a huge difference when cooking delicate things or things that like to blow up.
Steve

I have a Whirlpool. I selected this model because it has a (5-speed) powerful fan. The glass tray moves side-to-side so it fits a glass rectangular pan well. The installation can be a bear so set aside enough time to finish the job.

I found out the VERY hard way sbout what Bill is referring to,I bought the most expensive brand (Maytag) and I could have bought 10 of the Counter Tops and been WAY ahead of the game!!! Irish