Best Over-the-Range Microwave Brands?

Get the inverter. The first microwaves just cooked half the time on the 50% setting. On and off for equal amounts of time, with full power blasts. The Inverters cook at truly the % of power you set them at. Makes a huge difference when cooking delicate things or things that like to blow up.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

It IS possible to set a bag of microwave popcorn fully on fire. Don't ask me how I know.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I set a bread wrapper on fire in the microwave once....forgot to take the wire twist-tie off to defrost loaf of bread. My son happened to come into the kitchen and asked me, "What's on fire, Mom?" :o) Got it before any damage done, but the end of the plastic bag was flaming.

Reply to
norminn

I found out the VERY hard way sbout what Bill is referring to,I bought the most expensive brand (Maytag) and I could have bought 10 of the Counter Tops and been WAY ahead of the game!!! Irish

Reply to
DirtyIrish

And if I do that with my Sharp the kernels that popped early on are burnt.

Reply to
Rick Brandt

I remember where I used to work. Every afternoon somebody burned a bag of popcorn. We could smell it all over the place. I don't know why they never figured out how to do it right.

Bill

Reply to
BillGill

There are few things that smell better than buttered microwave popcorn cooked to perfection and also few things that smell worse than microwave popcorn that has been burned.

Reply to
Rick Brandt