Best Lubricant for double-hung wood windows in aluminum track?

I have just finished reglazing one of my double-hung windows with new thermopane glass, refinished the wood frame and am now ready to reinstall in the aluminum track. I am thinking WD-40 is not the best choice for a lubricant; a spray-on teflon might be better. Anyone have first-hand experience with teflon spray? Any particular brand names to look for?
TIA for any advice.
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:36:02 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

Beeswax or paraffin wax?

Rub the sliding surfaces of both firmly with wax. Paraffin or a candle would work fine.

Either the previously suggested wax or paraffin. You might also consider silicone. It is safe for wood plastic and metal.
--
Colbyt

I've got a lot of old candle wax, will use it tomorrow, too late tonite to do it. Will report how it works.
On 7/16/2010 4:36 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

I use saw wax. It usually comes in a tube and you push on one end and it comes out the other sort of like chap stick. It's very handy for a lot of other things like lubricating drill bits, screws and drawer slides.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
TDD
HE IS ASKING ABOUT TEFLON SPRAY NOT YOUR HILLBILLY REMEDIES
BEES WAX OR ANY WAX GUNK WILL EVENTUALLY DRY UP WITH THE HEAT AND ELEMENTS AND RUST UP THE WORKS
TEFLON IS EASY TO APPLY JUST SPRAY THE TRACK STARTING FROM THE TOP DOWN AND DO SO YEARLY OR AS NEEDED
DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE REDNECKS THEY AIN'T GOTS NOT EDUMACATION JUST WOODLAND "NO HOW" LOL
I AM PROTEUS
Silicone comes to mind. Usually clear, and doesn't attract dust. I havn't lubed windows, but Snap from Advance Auto Parts and Battery has worked for various things for me.
Joke: What happened to the woman who didn't know the difference between vaseline and putty?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Just put the waxed windows in, they work great so far. Now they will be closed for about 3 months, when they might get opened once a month. Will see then how things work out.

.
FINE, GUNKY BUT OK COME NEXT SEASON DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU
IAP