Best line of the night

Page 5 of 11

What demagoguery was that ?
Apparently you can't support you case with ACTUAL EVIDENCE That's not "demagoguery ", that's just bullshit
Maybe you need to read the full tale of the alleged "ethical violations" instead of the leftist propaganda Come back when you have done so and aren't trying to just spin like a cur chasing it's tail

And when was he "drummed out of the house" Feel free to support WITH DATA, another ignorant claim on your part.

Making unsubstantiated allegations and asking others to disprove them is just dishonest and stupid Why do you have a need to prove what you clearly are.

I am not going to chase edited transcripts of how Newt was honorably discharged from his duties. For me it is sufficient to note that the GOP isn't too happy with his running.
--
Best regards
Han

I'll take that as another admission that you were spewing ignorant bullshit AGAIN.

I'll let you have the last word. But I was glas to see Newt get beat tonight.
--
Best regards
Han
On 1/31/2012 10:05 PM, Han wrote:

Since the first lady always takes such an active role in the Pres.'s life, I think they should have their own debates....Callista vs Michelle? I'd pay to see that :o)

We'll sell the cable rights to Spike (g);

Dunno, but they're a lot alike; Callista has $700,000 worth of jewelry and Michelle has $50,000 in underwear (I suppose it takes a lot of cloth...).

IIRC the timeline correctly (and I am fairly sure I do, but don't care enough to double check), the ethics violation was taken care of a couple of years before he left. His resignation coincided with a MUCH greater sin, he was in charge when the GOP lost control of the House.

Thanks for correcting the timeline. What I read now about Newt's sermons to the crowds doesn't make me think he won't be able to keep their attention but for a few months/moments. Too bad the GOP can't field real electable candidates.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

They may have kicked him out, but it wasn't over (partisan) ethics violations. Of the fifty-odd instances of alleged ethics violations, he was adjudged not guilty on every one. The transcripts, all 1,600 pages, of the ethics committee's hearings are online. Check for yourself.
You may be correct in asserting he has less of a chance of beating Obama than Governor Romney. But 80-20, while less of a chance than 90-10, is still sufficient to win.
In my view, Republicans should quit fixating on who has the best chance of beating Obama and look at secondary attributes, like what kind of car they drive or whether they like malted milkshakes.

Wikipedia: "He was disciplined in January 1997 by the House of Representatives for an ethics violation. Following a poor Republican showing in the 1998 Congressional election, Gingrich announced his resignation (taking effect on January 3, 1999) from the House on November 5, 1998, under pressure from his Republican colleagues."

The poll I saw was that both newt and Mitt would lose to Obama, with newt doing worst.

Perhaps ...
--
Best regards
Han

Apparently you're not even smart enough to verify to make sure they have it right There are all sorts of areas where Wiki has been proven wrong, or biased., where small groups forced their "spin" onto content.
He has been cleared of ALL allegations of ethical violations made against him

And having been cleared of all allegations (if that is indeed the case), the GOP now gladly turn turn their backs on him.
--
Best regards
Han

A guy I was in student government with WAY back in college was one of the 1994 Freshman that put Newt in the Speaker's office. He as also one of the leaders of the coup that tossed him out. The GOP did not turn their backs on the Newt as much as he systematically burned every bridge he came across. Think chickens coming home to roost.

AS IF that has anything to do with the current GOP being happy or not about him You really are a weasel.

which is of course exactly the same thought process that goes through those good xians that demand prayer in school, don't think women can make choices about their bodies or think the world will end if they can't have public displays of mangers and xmas trees
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

Public prayer is efficacious. Jesus said "When two or more gather in my name, I am with them." If two people can't pray together in a public school, they might as well be praying to the closet. Judaism requires ten or more in prayer to represent the community. I'm sure Islam has a similar requirement. By prohibiting public prayer, in my view, the government school is impermissably interfering with the free exercise of religion.
I think women can make choices about their bodies! But choices have consequences; if a woman CHOOSES to have unprotected sex, she shouldn't be surprised when she gets pregnant.
But, the government, in its infinite wisdom, asserts the power to protect us from our wrong choices.
Don't get me wrong. While there are many logical and heart-felt feelings about abortion on both sides of the issue, I have come down in favor of abortion on demand. There are two reasons I decided the way I did.
* I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm not pregnant nor will I ever be. * Abortions cut down on the number of liberals amongst us. The progressives, in promoting abortion, are doing the equivalent of eating the seed corn. Look up "The Row Effect" for more information. http://web.archive.org/web/20100103140208/http://opinionjournal.com/extra/?id 0006913

I don't think that Jesus really meant that you had to Teebow everywhere. There are religious private schools if you want that. Go there. In public school, I believe that good manners should be encouraged, but not any particular religion, nor some plain vanilla averaged out religion. But then I am agnostic, near atheist. Which doesn't mean I won't respect religion. But it is not to be an organized public spectacle.

Sometimes what happens leaves little room for choice. Which is regrettable.

No, the government affords us protection from those who intend to impose their views on others. Is different.

I'm with you, but my reasoning is different. If we avoid poor illiterate children, we promote independent thinking. Those porr illiterate children are too easily influenced by rabble rousers, be they religious, conservative or liberal ...
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

That's exactly what I said: Fewer Democrats.

??
--
Best regards
Han