Best line of the night

Page 4 of 11

You're not enhancing Mitt's chances. And you are not enhancing respect for the Mormon ideals or faith. And that's a pity.
--
Best regards
Han
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I do not think those words mean what he thinks they mean.
On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:05:30 -0600, "Attila.Iskander"

It is not easy to grade a teacher, but it is possible to weed out the bottom 10% or so. Every trade or profession has a few whackos. Get rid of them early on. Give the rest a good paycheck.
We are the top spending country for education in the world, but rank only 10th in academics. It is not just money or the lack of it. Parent involvement is worse than ever too.

They get good paychecks now and absurdly good benefits. Get rid of the 10%, sure, but fix the other problems, too.

That won't cut it. We have a lot of both here.
But we cannot compete with the politics of large, affluent urban schools who must have professional quality sport programs, theaters and other amenities that drive their operation costs through the ceiling. In Kansas we are losing rural education to the whims of a few KC and Wichita area schools.
RonB
<snip>

If I knew that, I wouldn't be sitting here playing with a keyboard. But from the stories I hear from kids in school and from teachers I know (daughter and son-in-law living close by), if that could be done, we'd be lightyears ahead. Somewhere there should be psychologists (?) who could figure it out ...

--
Best regards
Han
HeyBub wrote:

Sadly, for the last generation or two of total duds produced by the failing schools this is probably true. These duds can't calculate the MPG their car gets, don't know how to use a screwdriver, can't balance a checkbook or produce a budget, etc.
Those are BHO's idea of best teachers. Keep the kids dependant on government.
Sadly, for the last generation or two of total duds produced by the failing schools this is probably true. These duds can't calculate the MPG their car gets, don't know how to use a screwdriver, can't balance a checkbook or produce a budget, etc.

What we all need is help from Mitt's tax accountant and Newt's sex therapist.
On 1/25/2012 11:17 AM, Davej wrote:

Eeeeewwwwhhh! I haven't seen "Newt" and "sex" used in the same sentence before....pretty much unimaginable :o) I don't know why anyone gives him a hard time about divorcing his first two wives; I kinda think he did them a favor. Callista looks like a match, kinda lizardy.

What I wanna know is how such an obvious slimeball has managed to convince three different women to enter into domestic incarceration with him. Clearly he needs to educate the rest of us as to how to be a disgusting human being (although, to be fair, he is quite well educated and intelligent) and still be attractive to the fairer sex.
nate

I don't know what the fimmin brought in, but Newft can collect $$. Probably his official income is but a fraction of what he gets in perks.
--
Best regards
Han
<stuff snipped>

<<What I wanna know is how such an obvious slimeball has managed to convince three different women to enter into domestic incarceration with him. Clearly he needs to educate the rest of us as to how to be a disgusting human being (although, to be fair, he is quite well educated and intelligent) and still be attractive to the fairer sex.>>
A $500K line of credit at Tiffany's has been known to cause some women to drop their linen. Doesn't every "plain ol' Joe" and "champion of the little guy" have a Tiffany's credit line?
-- Bobby G.
On 01/25/2012 02:15 PM, Robert Green wrote:

Surprisingly (I looked - I'm bored) there's a location approximately 30 miles from me. However, I do not have a credit line there, nor do I have one at any store... Although if Carquest or NAPA offered one, I probably would think about applying.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Norminn wrote:

What's a hoot is his second wife complaining that he did to her what he did with his first wife with her.
This is kind of a take-off on the advice given to young men: "Laddie, if your lady says bad things about her former husband or previous beau, someday she'll be saying the same things about you."

Actually, what the guy does in bed or with his squeezes doesn't concern me so much, although there is a reflection on character and honesty. What concerns me much more is how he gets his millions, which I think is by influence peddling ("pimping") and outright lies. That he gets it, is a reflection on DC prostitution.
--
Best regards
Han

I said I don't care what he does in bed and that I'd like more info on how he got rich. Is that a belief?
--
Best regards
Han

For a recent opinion on Gingrich: <http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/deconstructing-a - demagogue/?hp> or (same page, shorter url) <http://tinyurl.com/7m88r75
In science, I learned about diarrhea of the mouth or pen. While some people are good scientists and publish good work, some get by with bad work, and some get by on their perceived reputation and their avalanche of publications that may or may not be important.
Apart from being a terrorist among GOP members, who kicked him out for ethics violations, he is also a lier. To top it off, he has even less of a chance to beat Obama than Mitt has ...
--
Best regards
Han

Funny how allegedly "learning about diarrhea of the mouth or the pen" made you blind to your own. Have you read anything he has written ? Or are you relying on ignorant bigotry and other questionable source for your "opinion" ?

Feel free to cite those alleged ethics violations Not to mention what makes him a "lier"(sic)
Take as many screens as you need
(In reality, what you are now doing as just hand waving"

Another "onion"

So you counter me when I'm calling your demagoguery with calling me a deagogue? How refreshing. Tell me, since it is your turn, why Gingrich was drummed out of the house? And since you know his writings, what were the things he said that make him a historian for Freddie and Fannie?
--
Best regards
Han