Best high-security locks

Hi,

Looking for a more secure lock for the exterior doors to my house. Have looked at Sargent, Medeco, Schlage Everest Primus, Mul-T-Lock as well as some that seem not to be readily available in the US, like EVVA and Abloy.

I'd just like to hear some opinions on the pros and cons of each of these locks, as well as any alternatives I may have missed. Also, if I wanted to do install something like an Abloy Protec deadbolt (for its claimed resistance to bumping) or something similar, how would I obtain these in the US?

Thanks,

-Stian

Reply to
Stian Oksavik

STOP!!

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS YOURSELF!!! Installing locks requires the skills of a trained Locksmith and attempting this procedure yourself will more than likely result in a botched job

You need a person like this guy:

See all of those key blanks?

They may all look alike to an untrained layperson, but once you know the inside secrets of the Locksmithing trade, you can unlock the potential in each one of those blanks.

HTH

Reply to
Linux Exposer

I doubt that guy could pass a drug test.

Reply to
billb

OMG. Whats the area code for Missouri??? LMAO.

Reply to
goma865

Then you too can wear a baseball cap indoors and have a stupid smile. And tell people you're "certified" but no clue what certified means. Oh, forgot. they do it right through the course, so you don't need to know.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon