Best glue for......

....inside a dishwasher. I want to glue a rubber seal on to a steel surface. I guess I need a glue that will stick to metal and rubber, and will also be able to handle very hot temperature and moisture. Is there such a glue?...thanx in advance
I heard, a number of years ago, some family was having health problems. It was traced to a sealant they used in their dishwasher to stop a leak. I suppose if you stick to sealants made for fish aquariums, that would probably be safe.
bob wrote:

buy from appliance parts store they should know
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 00:53:41 +0000, bob wrote:

Available at auto supply stores. http://www.ellsworth.com/display/productdetail.html?productid 09&Tab=Products
THAT's the stuff!
--
Steve Barker

"RLM" <RLM@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
bob wrote:

A site I've had bookmarked for years:
http://www.thistothat.com /
will tell you what will create the strongest bond.
Squirrel spake thus:

Sorry to knock it, but I've always found that site to be woefully deficient. For instance, for this question they say to use "Household Goop" or 3M 80. Those wouldn't have been my first choices. It's kind of a "man from Mars" site where someone who has absolutely no clue what glue to use could get a clue.
--
Napoleon won the battle of Waterloo. The German Wehrmacht won World War
II. The United States won in Vietnam, and the Soviets in Afghanistan.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Fair enough. You're allowed to knock it, but only if you give us your wise opinion on which glue *you* recommend (you say you have some "first choices" above - do tell). Otherwise, you have contributed nothing to this discussion.

No dumb questions, just dumb answers.
Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland - lwasserm(@)charm(.)net
I'd bet 3M super weatherstrip adhesive would fill the bill.
--
Steve Barker

"bob" <bob@his house.com> wrote in message
bob wrote:

Common rubber cement isn't very toxic after it dries, and appliance parts supplies sell a high-temperature type for gluing felt seals to the drums of clothes dryers. But if you can't get any or don't feel like paying more than $3-4, try a product like this from an auto parts store:
www.amazon.com/CRC-Disc-Brake-Quiet-oz/dp/B0007N1ZPO
It's disk brake anti-squeak compound but is actually high-temperature rubber cement and, back when it was sold under the Bendix brand, was labelled nonflammable and nontoxic (was there ever a problem with people licking their brakes?). It's been sold in several colors and under many brand names, always in the same type of plastic squeeze bottle. I can attest to its high temperature durability since I had some holding an air filter gasket located directly above the engine for 10 years.. Don't substitute any spray-on brake anti-squeak, which is probably a completely different product.