Best Gel Stain?

I want to stain a fiberglass entry door. Who makes the best gel stain and/or topcoat.

I am thinking a spar urethane or Sikkens TGL (which is basically a spar urethane as far as I can tell.)

Thanks.

Reply to
raymondj

fran

The best way to get a decent looking finish on a fiberglass door is with a faux finish kit. If you don't like what's available, use any of the color varnishes out there. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

What I have is a Pella "carbonite" door which is fiberglass. Pella sells a gel stain kit, etc for this type of door.

I've heard of people using gel stain on metal.

Interior type varnish on an outside door would last about one winter or summer season.

Reply to
raymondj