Best gas leaf blower

quoted text -

You sound like a person who knows what they are talking about because when I was young, that's exactly what happened. Of course you could rake thru out the fall and winter (if no snow) but depending on how large an area, it might be futile unless you just love to rake. People there didn't rake till Spring. He's got a point about gloves but I was young then so I wasn't too worried about my hands.

Reply to
Doug

Doug used improper AND LAZY usenet message composition style by unnecessarily full-quoting:

I use my lawn mower to mulch and bag the leaves, and dump them into several large garbage cans (compacted by stomping on them) which are then loaded into my pickup truck for transport to the local municipal yard-waste drop-off center.

There are many leaf-borne tree diseases that are spread and amplify through leaf litter that remains over the winter under vulnerable trees. Leaf removal is therefore a desirable if not necessary thing to do to promote tree health.

Leaf cover over turf grass can promote fungus and various turf diseases and therefore should be removed for that reason as well. Naturally this deleterious effect on grass is proportional to the size of the tree (larger tree = more leaves) as well as tree density, confined or open yard configuration, etc.

Reply to
Leaf Erickson

quoted text -

I use my still on snow, too.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Sounds like a much more reasonable approach.

Reply to
DD_BobK

Can't help on cows. Next point had to do with air pollution.

Reply to
Doug

What you say seems to make sense but honestly, we never had any fungi on the lawn after raking up leaves in Spring. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing fungus on that lawn. I can't say the same for my current lawn which does seem to have a fungus problem every August. That said, the 2 lawns are about 2500 miles apart, different types of grass and weather.

Reply to
Doug

LOL!

'nuff said