Now that you mention it....
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
That really burns me.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 9/30/2010 2:26 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Well, personally, i don't light it. I just spray them.
--
Steve Barker
notbob wrote:

Spectracide Pro (black and white label), available at Home Depot works as advertised and would probably drop a charging elephant if needed. The ordinary consumer Spectracide (green label) indeed fails to kill much of anything but your wallet. A friend recently found this out after trying both products on the same batch of nasty red wasps, use Spectracide and the wasps just get mad and chase you, use Spectracide Pro and the wasps don't make it two inches before dropping.

Thanks for the tip, Pete. I'll see Walmart has the Pro and see if I can take this green crap back.
nb
Dish soap in a sprayer.
I mix Dawn or equivalent, 1:15 (you can tell by the color after you've done it once.)
It knocks them down faster than Raid ever did. And it's safe around food, pets, children.
Why use gasoline when soap is so easy?

So does a hammer. Fortunately, I'm not that stupid.
nb
Not seen the pro stuff at Walmart.
Another poster suggested to spray the entrance hole with "belt dressing" the sticky stuff. Might work.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Sevin is good, may take a day to do the job though.
Jimmie
The sevin I've seen, has been powder. How does a person get the powder into the nest?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

http://www.google.com/products?q=bulb+duster&aq=f -----
- gpsman
Neat idea. I didn't know such devices were made. How are they used?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

There are various kinds of "dusters" for that purpose. Some have a pump, I believe, similar to garden sprayers. Some are small rubber bulbs, like an ear syringe. The goal is to cause the insect to contact the dust, so a small amount at the entry probably does the trick.
Thanks, good idea. I'll have to ask at the farm and garden store.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus